The Laconia Motorcycle Race and Rally event in Weirs Beach, New Hampshire has been known as one of the most scenic and fun events in history. The nine day event started with only a few hundred motorcyclists and is today the host of more than 188,000 participants.
A brief history - Started in 1916 as a one day event, then came the Louden Classic race in 1923 and the Gypsy Tour soon after. Then seven years later, it turned into a week long event until fighting between local cops and gangs lead to the decline of scheduled events. It wasn't until the Loconia Motorcycle Rally and Race Association was formed in the early 1990's, did the event turn into the nine day event you know today that ends on Father's Day.
This year marks the 88th Anniversary (sponsored by Progressive) and you can expect all the usual exciting events with many new ones that are sure to captivate every motorcyclist. Some events scheduled are:
- Free Motorcycle Photo Exhibit
- Vintage Road racing
- Biker Build Off - sponsored by Spiced Jack 94 Rum and Lobster Pond
- Tricycle Drags @ Bullwinkle's
- Jagermeister Promos all week long
- Poker Run, Bikini Contest, and Hot Legs Contest on Thursday
- Pool Tournament and Rally in the Valley
and plenty of live music by some familiar faces... Click here for full info