What you should know. via WisDOT
- Harley-Davidson/Share the Road license plates feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
- A $25 annual donation supports motorcycle, moped and motor bicycle safety programs and activities administered by WisDOT. The donation may be tax-deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- A $15 fee is required when non-personalized Harley-Davidson/Share the Road plates are issued or reissued.
- A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee and donation for personalized plates.
- Per state law, only the following vehicles qualify for Harley-Davidson/Share the Road license plates:
- Motor homes (annual registration only)
- Motor trucks
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pound gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pound gross weight farm truck
FYI - They say the customer service centers WILL NOT have them on hand but will mail to the recipient once the application has been processed.