Fast forward to today, and that same principle is being applied to the latest generation of urban cycles right here on Earth. And leading the way is the UNO III Streetbike – deftly switching from two-wheeled dicycle to sleek, three-wheeled sports bike (and back again) at a moment’s notice.
The electric motor produces zero emissions, so you can ride around knowing you’re not damaging the planet. What’s more, it’s incredibly economical to run. A single charge from a domestic power socket will take you 30-35 miles, and recharging time is around 3-4 hours – making this the perfect way to beat the traffic jams, and make stuffy buses and packed commuter trains a thing of the past. Artoo would be proud.
- Road-ready transforming street bike
- Small enough to bring indoors and powerful enough to drive on the road
- Environmentally friendly, zero emissions (completely green)
- More stable than a motorcycle at low speeds
- Significantly lower operating costs than a petrol powered vehicle
- Unique and stylish
- Top speed: 30mph (Motorcycle mode), 15mph (UNO mode)
- Battery life: Approximately 30-35 miles
- Charge time: 3-4 hours from household socket